Universal Twin Needle
130/705 H ZWI
- Sew decorative stitches for decorative seams. Push the twin button on your sewing machine (if present) to limit the stitch width so that the needle does not hit the throat plate by mistake and break.
- Sew on lace; the slightly rounded point of the Universal Twin Needle is suitable for a wide range of materials.
Available needle sizes
- 1.6 / NM 70, NM 80
- 2.0 / NM 80
- 2.5 / NM 80
- 3.0 / NM 90
- 4.0 / NM 80, NM 90, NM 100
Slightly rounded point
With the Universal Twin Needle, you can turn clothing and accessories into beautifully eye-catching pieces: Use two top threads to sew two parallel decorative seams at the same time. You can also quickly sew pintucks with the Universal Twin Needle and a pintuck foot, without the laborious task of ironing pleats.
Thanks to the slightly rounded points, the Universal Twin Needle can be used with a wide array of fabrics without any problems.
The Universal Twin Needle can be used on conventional household sewing machines that have a zig-zag function. Like other household needles, it is also inserted into the needle bar: From your perspective, the flat side of the shank points away from you.
The needle plate and sewing foot must have a recess large enough for the needle distance and selected stitch width.
Tip: Switch on twin mode or use a similar button on your sewing machine (if available) to limit the stitch width. This prevents the needle from accidentally hitting the needle plate and breaking.
Threading the needle
- A separate reel of thread is required for each of the two needles. If you do not have a second thread holder, use a bobbin for the second thread and place it onto the reel holder under the reel of thread containing the first thread.
- Make sure that the bobbin and reel of thread are unwound in the same direction.
- You can use the same color thread for both needles or different colors for decorative effects.
- Guide the two threads through your machine's guide elements together as if they were one thread. Then separate the threads and guide one thread through each eye. Some machines have special thread separating tools. In this case, please follow your machine’s special threading instructions.
The automatic needle threader does not work with twin needles!
- Check the thread tension in advance with a few test stitches. You could use leftover fabric for this.
- Do not push or pull the fabric when sewing. This can lead to an uneven stitch length and, in the worst case, to needle breakage.
- To achieve a nice, smooth seam, you can use spray starch before sewing.
- We recommend a pintuck foot for sewing pintucks. This makes the pintucks beautifully malleable and enables you to achieve an even distance between the pintucks.