- Use the needle for multi-directional quilting: the thread is guaranteed to glide effortlessly through the long needle eye.
- The needle creates fewer skipped stitches.
- Use the needle for sewing with two or thicker threads as well as for decorative and topstitching work.
- The Topstitch Needle can be used with a wide range of fabrics.
- The long eye makes it particularly suited for patchwork/quilting and anywhere where thick threads are used.
Available needle sizes
- NM 70, NM 80, NM 90, NM 100
Particularly long needle eye: 2.0 mm in all needle sizes
Slightly rounded point
Key features of the Topstitch Needle:
- The Topstitch Needle has a particularly long needle eye: It is 2 mm long in all needle sizes. This means that even 2 or 3 threads can glide effortlessly through the eye and are handled gently without tearing. Several threads in one color can be used to highlight a quilted seam, for example, while a decorative effect can be achieved with different colored threads.
- The Topstitch Needle enables you to use decorative techniques with thicker threads, e.g. jeans threads or effect threads.
- Thanks to the slightly rounded point, the Topstitch Needle can easily be used with a wide range of fabrics.
- Long service life due to high-quality chrome plating
- Ideal for decorative stitches or freehand embroidery (needle painting) with household sewing machines
- Can also be used for embroidery with embroidery machines
Tip: Many quilters like to use the Topstitch Needle for quilting and free motion quilting. Here, using a straight needle plate will help you to achieve very straight seams and even stitches.
|Needle type||Quilting Needle||Universal Needle||Topstitch Needle|
|Available needle sizes||75/11, 90/14||60/8, 65/9, 70/10, 75/11, 80/12, 90/14, 100/16, 110/18, 120/19, 130/21||70/10, 80/12, 90/14, 100/16|
|Point shape||Slim, slightly rounded point||Slightly rounded point||Slightly rounded point|
|Key features||Special blade shape has been optimized to prevent needle breakage and skipped stitches||Extra long eye for use with multiple threads or thicker threads and to prevent tearing|
|Application range||Patchwork, quilting and topstitching||Universally applicable||For use with multiple threads or thicker threads|