- Coated materials such as oilcloth and synthetic leather
- Densely woven fabrics
- Lining taffeta
- Sequined fabrics
Available needle sizes
- NM 60, NM 70, NM 80, NM 90, NM 100, NM 110
Slim acute point
Key features of the Microtex Needle:
- The slim acute point allows for accurate stitching in very fine or densely woven materials.
- The needle can be used to top stitch edges, for example for creating particularly straight stitches on collars or button tape.
- Tip: When quilting batik fabrics that are typically very densely woven, the Microtex Needle can achieve particularly precise seams.
- Acute points are more sensitive than rounded or ball points: You should therefore check the needle for damage more frequently and replace it in good time.
|Needle type||Microtex Needle||Universal Needle||Jersey Needle|
|Available needle sizes||60/8, 70/10, 80/12, 90/14, 100/16, 110/18||60/8, 65/9, 70/10, 75/11, 80/12, 90/14, 100/16, 110/18, 120/19, 130/21||70/10, 80/12, 90/14, 100/16|
|Point shape||Slim acute point||Slightly rounded point||Medium ball point|
|Key features||Special blade shape has been optimized to prevent needle breakage and skipped stitches|
|Application range||Very fine, densely woven materials or coated materials: Silk, microfiber, foils, synthetic leather.|
Also for particularly accurate, straight stitches when quilting
|Universally applicable||Knitted fabrics; better to use a Stretch or Super Stretch Needle for highly elastic fabrics|