- For metallic sewing and embroidery threads, especially for foil-like threads
- For decorative sewing and embroidery on an array of fabrics
Available needle sizes
NM 80, NM 90
Particularly long needle eye: 2.0 mm in all needle sizes
Slightly rounded point
Key features of the Metallic Needle:
- The Metallic Needle has an extra-long needle eye: It is 2 mm long in all needle sizes.
- The long eye allows metallic sewing and embroidery threads to glide effortlessly through the eye, so that they can be handled carefully without any tearing. Foil-like decorative threads benefit particularly from this.
- Thanks to the slightly rounded point, the Metallic Needle can easily be used with a wide range of fabrics.
- Long service life due to high-quality chrome plating
- Ideal for sewing decorative stitches with metallic threads
- Also suitable for embroidery with embroidery machines
Tips: In the case of flat foil threads, the thread should not be pulled out at the top but always from the side of the reel (see figure) to prevent the thread from twisting and breaking.
To prevent the threads from tearing, you can also try to significantly reduce the thread tension and sewing more slowly than you would with normal threads. A longer stitch length improves the shine of metallic threads and also helps to reduce thread breakage.
|Needle type||Metallic Needle||Universal Needle||Topstitch Needle|
|Available needle sizes||80/12, 90/14||60/8, 65/9, 70/10, 75/11, 80/12, 90/14, 100/16, 110/18, 120/19, 130/21||70/10, 80/12, 90/14, 100/16|
|Point shape||Slightly rounded point||Slightly rounded point||Slightly rounded point|
|Key features||Extra long eye for gentle handling of metallic threads and tape yarns and to prevent tearing||Extra long eye for use with multiple threads or thicker threads and to prevent tearing|
|Application range||For the use of metal-effect threads or tape yarns||Universally applicable||For use with multiple threads or thicker threads|