Nothing to wear?
The holidays are approaching and you are still looking for the right outfit? Then look no further. With our sewing pattern you can sew your own festive blouse that will make you the eye-catcher at every celebration. Light or dark, patterned or plain – the choice is yours. Whether it's Christmas or New Year's Eve, with your new it-piece you'll be ready for all events.
#holidays #sewingpattern #blouse #christmas #newyearseve
What you'll need
- Download sewing pattern
- SCHMETZ needles suitable for the fabric you choose. We chose the Black Super Fine Needle in size 70 for the blouse. (The SCHMETZ Needle ABC can help you to find the right needle.)
- Soft woven fabric, 145 cm width, e.g. chiffon or Tencel:
size 36: 1.60 m, sizes 38 - 46: 1.65 m
- Buttons: 12.5 mm, 8 pcs
- Elastic band: 7 mm
Sizes 36 - 38: 50 cm, sizes 40 - 42: 55 cm, sizes 44 - 46: 60 cm
- H180 fusible interfacing
What size fits me?
Important: Our sizes cannot be compared with ready-to-wear sizes. It is very important that you take your measurements before you start.
- Tie a tight threat around your waist and pin the ends together.
- Take notes of your body measurements and use the measurement table to determine your sewing pattern size.
- Compare your body measurements with the table measurements. Your measurements may vary between different sizes. Choose the size closest to your measurements.
- Choose tops (for example dress, blouse, or jacket) according to the size of your bust; pants and skirts according to the size of your hips/waist.
- Always compare the body measurements with the table measurements, never with the paper pattern pieces. All pattern pieces already include a comfortable allowance.
- Are you taller or shorter? You can alter small differences directly on the paper pattern piece.
How to take measurements:
- Full body length: From to toe.
- Bust: Over the fullest part of the chest. The measuring tape should be placed horizontally around the body.
- Waist: Measure at the waist. The tape should be at the level of your navel. Add 2 cm if you prefer a looser fit.
- Hips: Place the measuring tape around the widest part of your buttocks. The measuring tape should be placed horizontally around the body.
- Back length: Measure from the bottom of the neck (protrudes slightly) to your waist.
- Upper arm circumference: Place the measuring tape around the widest part of the upper arm.
Women's size chart, full body length 172 cm
36 (38) 40 (42) 44 (46)
70,5 (71) 71,5 (72) 72,5 (73) cm
83 (84) 84,5 (85) 86 (86,5) cm
152: front yoke, 2 x
153: front, 2 x
154: back, 1 x on fold
155: sleeve, 2 x
156: collar, 2 x on fold
157: button line, 2 x
158: ruffle trimming, 2 x
Ruffle collar: 5 x 64 (65) 66 (66.5) 67.5 (68.5) cm, 1 x (incl. 1 cm seam allowance)
Note: The pattern pieces marked in grey must also be cut out as fusible interfacing.
Time to get sewing! Sewing instructions
The sewing pattern includes 1 cm seam allowance. Use carbon copying paper to transfer the pattern pieces to the wrong side of the fabric.